Adobe ColdFusion sometimes supports newer versions the Oracle JDK with updates and hot fix releases, so many times it’s difficult to keep track of. For clarity, Adobe will support the later minor releases of the major version support that is listed below.
Update 3 and later: JDK 8
Update 2 and earlier: JDK 7
Update 14 and later: JDK 8
Updates 8-13: JDK 7
Update 7 and earlier: JDK 6
CF 9.0.2 Cumulative Hot Fix 1: JDK 7**
No hot fixes: JDK 6
Cumulative Hot Fix 4: JDK 7 **
Cumulative Hot Fix 3 and earlier: JDK 6
Cumulative Hot Fix 3 and later: JDK 7**
Cumulative Hot Fix 2 and earlier: JDK 6
**JDK 1.7 is only supported on Mac OS X 10.7.3 and later. See this for more details. ColdFusion 9.0.X does not support Mac OS X 10.7. Therefore, Cumulative hot fix 1 does not certify ColdFusion 9.0.X with JDK 1.7 on Mac OS X.
Many of you would like to know if ColdFusion 11 provides support for the new PDF Generation Service (cfhtmltopdf) on Linux.
Yes, we have provided support for PDFg on Linux since May 2014 shortly after the ColdFusion 11 release.
The supported Linux environments are listed in the ColdFusion system support matrix here.
Please note the additional requirements for using this feature on Linux documented here.
At this time we do not support this feature on Mac or Solaris environments. The recommendation is to utilize the remote capability of the service installed on a supported platform.
ColdFusion 11 Update 3 early access build has been updated to incorporate all the suggested changes. ColdFusion build number should be 11,0,03,292245(PreRelease) after applying the latest build.
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
NOTE: Users who have already applied ColdFusion 11 Update 3(PreRelease build) should follow below mentioned steps to re-apply the update:
1. Rename updates.xml file located at <cf_install_root>/cfusion/hf-updates/.
2. Navigate to CF Admin > Server Update > Updates.
3. Re-download the ColdFusion 11 Update 3.
4. Install it.
ColdFusion 11 Update 3 early access build is being made available for your testing and feedback/suggestions
Follow the instructions below to apply this update:
1. Navigate to ColdFusion Administrator -> Server Updates -> Updates
2. Under Settings tab, check "Automatically Check for Updates" check box
3. Change the Site URL to http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/coldfusion/PR/updates.xml.
4. Click Submit to save your changes
5. Under Available Updates tab, click on “Check for Updates” button.
6. "ColdFusion 11 Update 3" should be listed under "Available updates".
7. Click on "Download and Install" to install the update.
We look forward to your valuable feedback and suggestions.
Issues_Fixed (list of bugs fixed in this release)
Release_Notes (covers what's new in this update and known issues)
NOTE: In case, you have configured local site for receiving the update notifications, then please take back up of the URL before changing it to the above provided URL.
Many have been asking for the ColdFusion Summit 2014 Slides.
They were posted here for reference:
Thanks Tim C. for posting these!