Entries Tagged as “Adobe ColdFusion”
Adobe ColdFusion | ColdFusion 11 | Mobile | Splendor
I have seen some confusion when it comes to using invokeCFClientFunction. I have been asked this question a few times, more recently on LinkedIn, so I thought explaining it in a blog post might be a good idea.
cfclient also makes calling asynchronous functions of PhoneGap easy by providing synchronous access to them. All device APIs are asynchronous in nature, but in cfclient block you call then as synchronous functions and ColdFusion translates them to asynchronous PhoneGap functions. All function starting with 'cfclient.', e.g. cfclient.camera.getPicture(), are asynchronous. In addition to device APIs, data access function, executeQuery and tag, cfquery, are also asynchronous in cfclient.
Thunder | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | e-seminar | Mobile | Splendor
I presented an e-seminar, Everything about Mobile Application Development, on 10th April. Some of the attendees had asked me to share the presentation and source code of the application. So here are the links
- ColdFusion Splendor & Thunder
- Shell apps
- Xcode - iOS Dev Center
- Android SDK - (if you want Android Emulator)
CFMobile related Blogs
- Simplify Mobile Application Development Using ColdFusion
- Creating database mobile application with ColdFusion Splendor
- CFMobile Example – Taking picture and uploading to ColdFusion server
- CFMobile Example – Using Geolocation APIs in ColdFusion Splendor
- CFClient – Understanding Battery Events
- CFMobile Example – Record and playback audio using ColdFusion Splendor
- Why does cfclient file upload API take callback functions?
- CFMobile Example – Accessing remote data from mobile application
- CFMobile - How to display CF query data returned from remote CFC
- New CF Mobile Project – Templates
- ColdFusion Thunder – It’s all new IDE
CFMobile related Videos
- ColdFusion Mobile Workflow in ColdFusion Splendor
- Getting Started with ColdFusion Mobile in Splendor
(shorter version of the first video – does not contain debug and inspect workflow)
Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion 10 | Announcements | CF Summit | ColdFusion | ColdFusion 11 | General
We are pleased to officially announce the next Adobe ColdFusion Summit to be held October 16th and 17th at Aria Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada. It's going to be even better than last year and pricing remains very low at $299 early bird rate through July!
Performance | Adobe ColdFusion | Language enhancements | PDF Generation | productivity | Splendor
We have a series of e-seminars lined up that gives you a good understanding of the various features of ColdFusion Splendor, which is now in public beta. If you haven't downloaded ColdFusion Splendor already, here is the link where you download the public beta.
Here are the list of e-seminars:
1. Title- Public Beta E-seminar: ColdFusion Splendor Overview Date: 1st April Time: 8 am pacific. Find the recording for the e-seminar here
2. Title- Public Beta E-seminar: Everything about Mobile Application Development Date: 10th April Time 8 am pacific. Find the recording for the e-seminar here
3. Title- Public Beta E-seminar: Delicious Language Enhancements in ColdFusion Splendor Date: 12nd April Time 8 am pacific. Register here
4. Title- Public Beta E-seminar: Pixel Perfect PDFs in ColdFusion Splendor Date: 24th April Time 8 am pacific. Register here
Adobe ColdFusion | ColdFusion | Mobile | Splendor
In my last blog post, CFMobile Example – Accessing remote data from mobile application, I explained how to access data returned by a remote CFC. The CFC queried a database table, but returned array of struct/object to cfclient.
In a comment on that blog post, Tayyab posted a problem, where in he returned a query object from CFC and tried to access it from cfclient. I thought instead of posting the answer as a comment, it deserved a separate post.
This is what he asked -
These are the 2 most simplest coldfusion files. One is a cfc and the other a CFM but when I wrap the cfm into <cfscript> tag I get a blank page.
I think he meant wrapping CFML code in <cfclient>. The code in two files he posted were -
If you just wrapped code in listCustomers.cfm in <cfclient> block then nothing would be displayed.
So you need to access query rows and columns differently for CF query returned from the server. I have created a similar example as above - not using Customer database, but using cfbookclub data source that is shipped with Splendor. I have two files now - book.cfc and listBooks.cfm.
We could probably simplify it a bit, but as of now this is how you can access server side CF query data in cfclient. If you are going to run the above example, make sure that cfbookclub data source is created on the server.