Entries Tagged as “Adobe ColdFusion”
Administrator | Adobe ColdFusion | ColdFusion | ColdFusion 11 | General
Silent instllation properties are updated for ColdFusion 11.
You can download the properties file here
Create a new directory and place the installer and the properties files there.
Please make sure to update the usernames/passwords/and flip the different feature flags as per your requirement.
'cd' to the newly created directory where the installer and properties files are placed.
Command to run the silent installation from the terminal is(Change it as per the Installer name).
>ColdFusion_11_WWEJ_win64.exe -f silent.properties
Please make sure that the terminal/command propmt is opened with administartor/root privileges (Open cmd with Run as Administartor option).
Once initiated, installation process runs in the background. Once the installation is complete you can see a log file named Adobe_ColdFusion_11_Install* under the ColdFusion installation home directory.
Adobe ColdFusion Builder 3 | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion 11 | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | Mobile
Following two articles on CFMobile are now live on Adobe DevNet site -
- Build your first mobile app with ColdFusion 11
- Overview: Mobile application development with ColdFusion 11
Adobe ColdFusion | ColdFusion | Mobile | Splendor
- CFMoibleEpenseTracker using Bootstrap . Blog article.
- CFMobileExpenseTracker using JQueryMobile. Blog article.
I wanted to create the same application using AngularJS. It had been on my 'to learn' list for sometime now. So I spent the last weekend learning it. If you already know concepts of MVC and Dependency Injection, then understanding AngularJS is not difficult. The well documented tutorials also helped.
I decided to re-write CFMobileExpenseTracker using AngularJS and JQueryMobile. Since AngularJS provides very easy way to manipulate DOM, you really don't need JQuery. But I had to include it in the application anyway because JQueryMobile depends on it. I also used JQuery for basic event handling.
Earlier in my application I had used client side custom tag (expenseList.cfm) to display expense items by calling JQuery APIs to modify DOM and update UI. I could get rid of this custom tag entirely after using AngularJS, because of templating features and automatic synchronisation between model and view provided by Angular JS.
Here are the screen shots of the application -
Though I said that I re-wrote the application, it was not a complete re-write. I could reuse CFCs and made small modifications to index_include.cfm. I added a new JS file (angular_app.js) to crate AngularJS application and controllers -
Adobe ColdFusion | ColdFusion 11 | Mobile | Splendor
I have seen some confusion when it comes to using invokeCFClientFunction. I have been asked this question a few times, more recently on LinkedIn, so I thought explaining it in a blog post might be a good idea.
cfclient also makes calling asynchronous functions of PhoneGap easy by providing synchronous access to them. All device APIs are asynchronous in nature, but in cfclient block you call then as synchronous functions and ColdFusion translates them to asynchronous PhoneGap functions. All function starting with 'cfclient.', e.g. cfclient.camera.getPicture(), are asynchronous. In addition to device APIs, data access function, executeQuery and tag, cfquery, are also asynchronous in cfclient.
Thunder | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | e-seminar | Mobile | Splendor
I presented an e-seminar, Everything about Mobile Application Development, on 10th April. Some of the attendees had asked me to share the presentation and source code of the application. So here are the links
- Shell apps
- Xcode - iOS Dev Center
- Android SDK - (if you want Android Emulator)
CFMobile related Blogs
- Simplify Mobile Application Development Using ColdFusion
- Creating database mobile application with ColdFusion Splendor
- CFMobile Example – Taking picture and uploading to ColdFusion server
- CFMobile Example – Using Geolocation APIs in ColdFusion Splendor
- CFClient – Understanding Battery Events
- CFMobile Example – Record and playback audio using ColdFusion Splendor
- Why does cfclient file upload API take callback functions?
- CFMobile Example – Accessing remote data from mobile application
- CFMobile - How to display CF query data returned from remote CFC
- New CF Mobile Project - Templates
- ColdFusion Thunder – It’s all new IDE
CFMobile related Videos
- ColdFusion Mobile Workflow in ColdFusion Splendor
- Getting Started With ColdFusion Mobile in Splendor
(shorter version of the first video – does not contain debug and inspect workflow)