Entries Tagged as 'Adobe ColdFusion 2016'
The server and express installers for Adobe ColdFusion (release 2016) have been refreshed. The installers are available for download at the ColdFusion product page at www.adobe.com. The new installer includes the following changes:
- The API Manager installer is decoupled from the ColdFusion Server installer.
- The new API Manager installer incorporates certain new features such as multi-tenancy, enhanced security, configurable policies, a dedicated update mechanism and support for Redis cluster and request/response compression. For a detailed description of these new features follow the links embedded in this technote. The API Manager installer would be made available very soon. We will update this post to share the location where the installer would be hosted.
- The ColdFusion installer incorporates ColdFusion 2016 Update 3 and updates JDK to version 1.8.0_112. For details on the changes that went out with Update 3 refer the Update 3 Release Notes document. The build number for this installation should be 2016,00,03,301771.
- The features listed below have been retired from the product and no longer ship with ColdFusion. For a detailed overview of the affected areas, refer the "Portlets" and "YUI and Spry" sections of the coldfusion-deprecated-features technote. In case you need to use any of these libraries you can download them from locations mentioned below.
To integrate the downloaded library, follow the instructions below:
- Stop ColdFusion sever.
- Download the libraries from the links mentioned above.
- Extract the downloaded files to the following locations:
- Extract portlets.zip file to <cf_root>/cfusion directory. Update the web.xml file at <CF_HOME>/cfusion/wwwroot/WEB-INF to re-introduce the mappings mentioned in the "Portlets" section of this technote.
- Extract yui.zip and spry.zip to ColdFusion's webroot at <cf_root>/cfusion. If your scripts directory is mapped to a non-default location (setting at CF admin > Settings > Default ScriptSrc Directory), unpack the zipped package manually and place it in the custom location following the structure in the package.
- Restart ColdFusion server.
If you are restoring just the YUI or Spry libraries, restarting the ColdFusion server is not required.
20 Dec, 2016 - added the web.xml mappings step in restoring portlets instruction. added reference to coldfusion-deprecated-features article.
Nginx is a high-performance and open-source web server that is widely used in the web community. It can now be configured with ColdFusion 2016. With this post we are making available the prerelease build of the web-server connector for testing purposes.
The prerelese build is in the form of an Linux 64-bit installer that packages the following 2 components:
- The Nginx web server installer. This installer is a variant of the standard Nginx installer that packages the AJP modules that enbable the communication between the webserver and ColdFusion.
- WSconfig.jar. This is a modified version of the library present in ColdFusion's <cf_root>/cfusion/lib directory, that is required by the WSConfig tool when configuring a web server connector.
For detailed instructions on installing the webserver and configuring the connector, refer this document.
We will look forward to your suggestions and feedback.
Click on this link to download the source for the Ngnix Connector.
Revision (09 Jan 2017): The download link for Ngnix Connector source added.
This blog post talks about a few scenarios related to connector misconfiguration and ways to handle them. The most common scenarios discussed in this article are
- Connectors that are created for ALL and individual websites at the same time.
- Multiple attempts to add/remove the connectors during configuration.
Today, APIs are widely used and are very popular in the developer community. APIs make work easier, as developers can perform difficult task programmatically and automate repeatable routines.
In ColdFusion, there are Admin APIs available through which developers can add, modify, and delete Admin task programmatically. This is helpful for developers who do not have access to ColdFusion Administrator, for example, component event gateway, data sources, mail, and so on.