Entries Tagged as “Adobe ColdFusion Builder”
Adobe ColdFusion Builder 3 | Security | Administrator | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion 10 | Adobe ColdFusion 11 | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | ColdFusion | ColdFusion 11 | General | Hotfix
Many of you are looking for a central location to find the full list of ColdFusion Updaters. We try to keep these updated for the core supported versions with links to the latest released updaters. These are a good place to look for the full list of updaters available on each version along with a download link to the .jar file.
Additional updates for ColdFusion server and Builder:
Adobe ColdFusion Builder 3 | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | CFBuilder
ColdFusion Builder 3 update 2 released last week had a bug because of which colorization used to break in cfscript code when it was edited around comments. This bug has been fixed in the update 3 that is released today. Update 3 does not contain any other bug fixes.
Adobe ColdFusion Builder 3 | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion 11 | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | Mobile
Following two articles on CFMobile are now live on Adobe DevNet site -
- Build your first mobile app with ColdFusion 11
- Overview: Mobile application development with ColdFusion 11
Thunder | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | e-seminar | Mobile | Splendor
I presented an e-seminar, Everything about Mobile Application Development, on 10th April. Some of the attendees had asked me to share the presentation and source code of the application. So here are the links
- Shell apps
- Xcode - iOS Dev Center
- Android SDK - (if you want Android Emulator)
CFMobile related Blogs
- Simplify Mobile Application Development Using ColdFusion
- Creating database mobile application with ColdFusion Splendor
- CFMobile Example – Taking picture and uploading to ColdFusion server
- CFMobile Example – Using Geolocation APIs in ColdFusion Splendor
- CFClient – Understanding Battery Events
- CFMobile Example – Record and playback audio using ColdFusion Splendor
- Why does cfclient file upload API take callback functions?
- CFMobile Example – Accessing remote data from mobile application
- CFMobile - How to display CF query data returned from remote CFC
- New CF Mobile Project - Templates
- ColdFusion Thunder – It’s all new IDE
CFMobile related Videos
- ColdFusion Mobile Workflow in ColdFusion Splendor
- Getting Started With ColdFusion Mobile in Splendor
(shorter version of the first video – does not contain debug and inspect workflow)
Thunder | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | CFBuilder | ColdFusion | Mobile | Splendor
So far I have posted CFMobile examples that were mostly standalone applications (except a photo application that uploaded image to server). However many mobile applications may need to interact with server, for example to show data from a remote database, to modify data or for many other purposes.
CFMobile features in ColdFusion Splendor make accessing remote CF server very easy. I will demonstrate this using a simple example - I will build a mobile app that displays employee records fetched from a remote CF server. The client side (cfclient) code calls a CFC on the server side which fetches data and returns result to the calling page. You will see that creating and accessing a server side CFC is as easy as it is in a completely server side CFML code - you don't need to worry about writing code to make AJAX calls. cfclient does that for you transparently. I should mention here that this feature to call server CFCs from cfclient is not limited to mobile application, you can even use it for any web application.
Here is a screenshot of the application