The server and express installers for Adobe ColdFusion (release 2016) have been refreshed. The installers are available for download at the ColdFusion product page at www.adobe.com. The new installer includes the following changes:
- The API Manager installer is decoupled from the ColdFusion Server installer.
- The new API Manager installer incorporates certain new features such as multi-tenancy, enhanced security, configurable policies, a dedicated update mechanism and support for Redis cluster and request/response compression. For a detailed description of these new features follow the links embedded in this technote. The API Manager installer would be made available very soon. We will update this post to share the location where the installer would be hosted.
- The ColdFusion installer incorporates ColdFusion 2016 Update 3 and updates JDK to version 1.8.0_112. For details on the changes that went out with Update 3 refer the Update 3 Release Notes document. The build number for this installation should be 2016,00,03,301771.
- The features listed below have been retired from the product and no longer ship with ColdFusion. For a detailed overview of the affected areas, refer the "Portlets" and "YUI and Spry" sections of the coldfusion-deprecated-features technote. In case you need to use any of these libraries you can download them from locations mentioned below.
To integrate the downloaded library, follow the instructions below:
- Stop ColdFusion sever.
- Download the libraries from the links mentioned above.
- Extract the downloaded files to the following locations:
- Extract portlets.zip file to <cf_root>/cfusion directory. Update the web.xml file at <CF_HOME>/cfusion/wwwroot/WEB-INF to re-introduce the mappings mentioned in the "Portlets" section of this technote.
- Extract yui.zip and spry.zip to ColdFusion's webroot at <cf_root>/cfusion. If your scripts directory is mapped to a non-default location (setting at CF admin > Settings > Default ScriptSrc Directory), unpack the zipped package manually and place it in the custom location following the structure in the package.
- Restart ColdFusion server.
If you are restoring just the YUI or Spry libraries, restarting the ColdFusion server is not required.
20 Dec, 2016 - added the web.xml mappings step in restoring portlets instruction. added reference to coldfusion-deprecated-features article.