Nginx is a high-performance and open-source web server that is widely used in the web community. It can now be configured with ColdFusion 2016. With this post we are making available the prerelease build of the web-server connector for testing purposes.
The prerelese build is in the form of an Linux 64-bit installer that packages the following 2 components:
- The Nginx web server installer. This installer is a variant of the standard Nginx installer that packages the AJP modules that enbable the communication between the webserver and ColdFusion.
- WSconfig.jar. This is a modified version of the library present in ColdFusion's <cf_root>/cfusion/lib directory, that is required by the WSConfig tool when configuring a web server connector.
For detailed instructions on installing the webserver and configuring the connector, refer this document.
We will look forward to your suggestions and feedback.
Click on this link to download the source for the Ngnix Connector.
Revision (09 Jan 2017): The download link for Ngnix Connector source added.
This post is to announce the availability of updates for ColdFusion 2016 and ColdFusion Builder 2016.
ColdFusion (2016 release) Update 3
ColdFusion 2016 Update 3 includes support for Windows 10 Version 1607 and IBM Websphere Application Server 9. It also includes approximately 180 bug fixes(including ~100 external bugs) related to Language, Document Management, Serialization, Net Protocols, Database, Administrator and a few other areas.
For more details, refer this tech note.
ColdFusion Builder (2016 release) Update 3
ColdFusion Builder 2016 Update 3 includes:
1. Important security fixes
2. Bugs fixes in the areas of Editor and Security Code Analyzer.
3. Upgraded PhoneGap libraries(from version 5.2.0 to version 6.0.0)
4. Dictionary (Code Assist) changes to accommodate the changes/enhancements in ColdFusion 2016 Update 3 and earlier.
For more details, refer this tech note.
NOTE: We will be back porting all the important/applicable fixes to ColdFusion 10 and 11 version. Pre-release build for the same will be available in a couple of weeks for your feedback.
ColdFusion Builder (release 2016) Update 3 prerelease build is available for your testing and feedback. This update includes the following changes :
- 25 bug fixes including an important security fix and some Security Analyzer fixes.
- PhoneGap has been upgraded from version 5.2.0 to version 6.0.0.
- Dictionary (Code Assist) changes to accomodate the changes/enhancements in ColdFusion Server Update3. For details on what is new in ColdFusion Server Update 3, refer this blog post.
For instructions on how to apply this update and details on what is new with this udpate refer this document. For the list bugs fixes and the known issue(s) with this update, refer this document.
After applying this update, the ColdFusion Builder build number should change to 220.127.116.110251.
ColdFusion 2016 Update 3 early access build is now available for your testing and feedback. It includes support for Windows 10.1 and IBM Websphere Application Server 9 along with approximately 180 bug fixes.
Please note that this is a test build and should not be used in a production environment.
Refer the documents given below for more details on this update:
1. What's New in this update
2. Issues Fixed in this update
3. Installation Instructions
The build number after applying this update should be 2016.0.03.300232.
In case, you have configured local site for receiving the update notifications, then please take back up of the URL before changing it to the pre-release URL.
We will look forward to your valuable feedback and suggestions.
You may run into issues if you are using a non-administrator user account to install ColdFusion updates manually, or if an installation is attempted from the ColdFusion administrator console when ColdFusion service is running with a non-administrator account. In such cases, the update may not install successfully. and may complete with errors.