Entries Tagged as “Mobile”
Thunder | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | e-seminar | Mobile | Splendor
I presented an e-seminar, Everything about Mobile Application Development, on 10th April. Some of the attendees had asked me to share the presentation and source code of the application. So here are the links
- ColdFusion Splendor & Thunder
- Shell apps
- Xcode - iOS Dev Center
- Android SDK - (if you want Android Emulator)
CFMobile related Blogs
- Simplify Mobile Application Development Using ColdFusion
- Creating database mobile application with ColdFusion Splendor
- CFMobile Example – Taking picture and uploading to ColdFusion server
- CFMobile Example – Using Geolocation APIs in ColdFusion Splendor
- CFClient – Understanding Battery Events
- CFMobile Example – Record and playback audio using ColdFusion Splendor
- Why does cfclient file upload API take callback functions?
- CFMobile Example – Accessing remote data from mobile application
- CFMobile - How to display CF query data returned from remote CFC
- New CF Mobile Project – Templates
- ColdFusion Thunder – It’s all new IDE
CFMobile related Videos
- ColdFusion Mobile Workflow in ColdFusion Splendor
- Getting Started with ColdFusion Mobile in Splendor
(shorter version of the first video – does not contain debug and inspect workflow)
Adobe ColdFusion | ColdFusion | Mobile | Splendor
In my last blog post, CFMobile Example – Accessing remote data from mobile application, I explained how to access data returned by a remote CFC. The CFC queried a database table, but returned array of struct/object to cfclient.
In a comment on that blog post, Tayyab posted a problem, where in he returned a query object from CFC and tried to access it from cfclient. I thought instead of posting the answer as a comment, it deserved a separate post.
This is what he asked -
These are the 2 most simplest coldfusion files. One is a cfc and the other a CFM but when I wrap the cfm into <cfscript> tag I get a blank page.
I think he meant wrapping CFML code in <cfclient>. The code in two files he posted were -
If you just wrapped code in listCustomers.cfm in <cfclient> block then nothing would be displayed.
So you need to access query rows and columns differently for CF query returned from the server. I have created a similar example as above - not using Customer database, but using cfbookclub data source that is shipped with Splendor. I have two files now - book.cfc and listBooks.cfm.
We could probably simplify it a bit, but as of now this is how you can access server side CF query data in cfclient. If you are going to run the above example, make sure that cfbookclub data source is created on the server.
Thunder | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | CFBuilder | ColdFusion | Mobile | Splendor
So far I have posted CFMobile examples that were mostly standalone applications (except a photo application that uploaded image to server). However many mobile applications may need to interact with server, for example to show data from a remote database, to modify data or for many other purposes.
CFMobile features in ColdFusion Splendor make accessing remote CF server very easy. I will demonstrate this using a simple example - I will build a mobile app that displays employee records fetched from a remote CF server. The client side (cfclient) code calls a CFC on the server side which fetches data and returns result to the calling page. You will see that creating and accessing a server side CFC is as easy as it is in a completely server side CFML code - you don't need to worry about writing code to make AJAX calls. cfclient does that for you transparently. I should mention here that this feature to call server CFCs from cfclient is not limited to mobile application, you can even use it for any web application.
Here is a screenshot of the application
ColdFusion 11 | Mobile
Adobe ColdFusion 11 public beta allows users to develop mobile applications using CFML language. In my blog post I have explained about the different battery events which are fired on mobile devices. The post covers
- What are battery events and when are they fired
- How to register callback events for these
- How to get battery info when these callbacks are fired.
You can read the full post here
Thunder | Adobe ColdFusion | Adobe ColdFusion Builder | CFBuilder | ColdFusion | ColdFusion 11 | Mobile | Splendor