Entries Tagged as “productivity”
Administrator | ColdFusion | ColdFusion 11 | Connector | creating a website | customers | Docs | General | productivity | Tomcat | web application | web application development
You might want to set up ColdFusion in a distributed environment where ColdFusion is running on one machine and Web server is running on a different machine.
Following are the set of steps that have to be performed to achieve this (less error-prone):
This applies to both ColdFusion 10 and ColdFusion 11.
1) Have ColdFusion server installed in a machine.
2) Next thing is to download and install VC Runtime.
- The version of VC Runtime that you have to install depends on the version of ColdFusion.
Say, ColdFusion 11 needs VC Runtime 2012
(32-bit VC Runtime for 32-bit Web server and 64-bit VC Runtime for 64-bit Web server.
If you are not sure, you can install both)
and ColdFusion 10 needs VC Runtime 2010
3) Copy the following contents from the machine where ColdFusion is running to the machine where Web server is running at the same location.
4) Open a Command prompt and run wsconfig tool
C:\ColdFusion11>jre\bin\java -jar cfusion\runtime\lib\wsconfig.jar
It will open a configuration window where you have to provide AppServer Host as the ColdFusion Server IP.
Configure the connector.
Distributed environment is ready for use. Send requests to the Web server's URL with cfm files under web server root and same files under ColdFusion's Web root.
Web server would redirect these to ColdFusion, which is on some other machine.
Performance | Adobe ColdFusion | Language enhancements | PDF Generation | productivity | Splendor
We have a series of e-seminars lined up that gives you a good understanding of the various features of ColdFusion Splendor, which is now in public beta. If you haven't downloaded ColdFusion Splendor already, here is the link where you download the public beta.
Here are the list of e-seminars:
1. Title- Public Beta E-seminar: ColdFusion Splendor Overview Date: 1st April Time: 8 am pacific. Find the recording for the e-seminar here
2. Title- Public Beta E-seminar: Everything about Mobile Application Development Date: 10th April Time 8 am pacific. Find the recording for the e-seminar here
3. Title- Public Beta E-seminar: Delicious Language Enhancements in ColdFusion Splendor Date: 12nd April Time 8 am pacific. Find the recording for the e-seminar here
4. Title- Public Beta E-seminar: Pixel Perfect PDFs in ColdFusion Splendor Date: 24th April Time 8 am pacific. Find the recording for the e-seminar here
Performance | Thunder | Adobe ColdFusion | Mobile | productivity | Rapid Application Development | Splendor | web application development | web application security
In case you haven't already noticed,the public beta for the major version of ColdFusion codenamed Splendor and for the next major version of ColdFusion Builder Thunder is now available.
You can quickly go over what's new in ColdFusion Splendor here. There are also a couple of videos on the video tab that gives you a quick introduction to what's new in ColdFusion. The link for the documentation home page is at - https://wikidocs.adobe.com/wiki/display/coldfusionen/Home
There are lots of new features and enhancements in Splendor and in Thunder. We look forward to hearing your feedback during the public beta.
CF Summit | CFBuilder | ColdFusion | Mobile | productivity | Rapid Application Development | Splendor
This is a follow-up post on "Source code of CFSummit2013 mobile application" . There has been a lot of discussion in the comments of that post, as well as on a number of social media channels. I saw that some of the reactions were based on incomplete understanding of these features.
But first things first - Mobile features in Splendor and Thunder are specifically targeted for mobile application development. If you are not doing any mobile development or do not plan to do so in the near future, then these features may not appeal to you.
ColdFusion Mobile features are not just about cfclient
A lost of discussion is happening around cfclient. It is being assumed that this is a complete feature. Well, it is not. It is a part of overall mobile development features of Splendor and Thunder. These features can be categorized in four broad areas -
Adobe ColdFusion | CF Summit | ColdFusion | Mobile | productivity
When we released the mobile application for CFSummit 2013, many of you had asked for the source code. And we said that we would make the source code public after the summit. So here here is the source code of the application.
The application is developed using new mobile features of ColdFusion Splendor and Thunder. Since there are no public builds available as yet, you cannot run the application from the source. But this will give you an idea of how you could develop mobile applications using the new mobile development features of ColdFusion.