We would like to inform you that we have moved to a new bug tracking and reporting application called “Tracker". This was necessary as internally at Adobe, we have now transitioned to JIRA for issue/bug tracking for all the products. While functionally Tracker is similar to the BugBase application, there are still few inherent differences, that we thought, we should highlight. The same have been listed below:
1. While logging a bug, you will see a field, Component, which is equivalent to Product Area in BugBase. Any Component in Tracker is a combination of Product Area: SubArea, for example, Administrator: Admin API, Administrator: Code Analyser.
2. You will also see fields "Status, Resolution & Reason Code", which is equivalent to BugBase’s "Status, State & Reason".
3. 'Duplicate ID' for any old bugs would be seen as a part of 'Bug Description'.
4. Voting comments for old bugs would not be seen. However, count of votes is visible for all the old bugs.
There are some issues with Tracker that we are currently working on . While using Tracker, you may face:
- Issues in receiving mail notifications for any change in a bug.
- Some discrepancies in the number of bugs, that you had logged or voted for.
- Some discrepancies in the number of comments in the bug(s).
- The field “Reported By” for all bugs is missing.
As always, we request you to test drive our new bug tracking system and send your valuable feedback, so that, we can enhance the overall user experience. We will keep you posted once we fix the issues listed above.