In the coming release we have made few updates in spreadsheet :
1. Overall performance has improved a lot. Read/write/update/format operations should be faster and consume less memory
2. SpreadSheetWrite method now takes ’autosize’ parameter. If it is false, columns of output spread sheets wont be resized and users can avoid this expensive operation
3. New methods like SpreadSheetAddPagebreaks(adds page breaks in spreadsheet) and SpreadSheetAddAutofilter(Sets autofilter on the specific sheet) have been added
4. Internally POI has also been upgraded to 3.9 version
5. SpreadSheetAddRow/SpreadSheetAddRows/etc methods also take ’datatype’ attribute now where user can specify the datatype of data being added. In this case CF will not use default way of extracting the datatype of data being added (which sometimes lead to inconsistent behavior).
6. Tons of bugs have been fixed in this area
I will be writing in details about each point in next blog posts