In case you are unable to apply the update directly from the ColdFusion Admin, here are some tweaks you can try:-
Start ColdFusion from command line and apply the update
- Stop ColdFusion service or ‘ColdFusion 11 Application Server’ service.
- Launch command prompt with “Run as Administrator” feature.
- Navigate to \ColdFusion11\cfusion\bin\
- Type cfstart.bat and hit enter.
Once the server startup message appears on the prompt, navigate to ColdFusion Admin and apply the update.
Apply the update manually
Apply the “Service startup fix” first and then update 1
- In case the above two suggestions doesn’t work, then first apply the service startup hotfix hf1100-3776060 and then Update 1.
- Download the hotfix from hf1100-3776060.jar
- Place this hotfix at \ColdFusion11\cfusion\lib\updates\
- Restart the ‘ColdFusion 11 Application Service’.
- Navigate to ColdFusion Admin and apply the update.
Note: The above cases are based upon user scenarios/environments. All the other updates should be applied via the ColdFusion Administrator directly.